Angela's blog

Just another global2.vic.edu.au site

Big idea

Reflection on my big idea

I think my sharing session… Went well, but I probably could of known my information better and presented better to my audience because I was quite nervous. 

What went well was… that I worked hard to keep it going, and very fluent, the work that I put into it showed in my presentation and it was quite good.

What I could improve on for next time… Be more confident and enthusiastic about my work and to know my information better. 

The most interesting thing I learnt from my research was… That it is illegal to insult, humiliate, intimidate or offend a person because of there race or culture.

I used my investigation time… Very well because I had done a lot of hard work and considering the ups and downs we had we came out with a very good product. 

Reflection on others big idea

This presentation was about… Syrian refugees 

The most interesting part was… Lotties most interesting part in her workshop was the way she put heaps of work into it I loved finding out about the Syrian refugees.

I liked it because… It was very interesting and she put heaps of work into it it was brilliant. 

Some ideas I used for next time… To be able to present better like Lottie did. 

Mum~

Born in Belfast, Northen Ireland 1963. First went to school at the age of 4 then she moved house and went to another school a year later. Then because of troubles in her home town of Belfast a few years later, they immigrated to Australia by boat. Lived with her Grandmother and 2 uncles and an aunty in a 3 bedroom house with her 4 other siblings her mum and her dad. Eventually she moved to a commission home in Coolaroo  where she did her last 2 years of primary school and then went to a Catholic girls college and then year 11 and 12 at a Catholic co-ed school where she met my dad.

Dad~

Born in Melbourne 1964 the 4th child of 5. Went to St Francis Dsales Primary school for 7 years 1970 to 1976. Then he went to an all boys school for 4 years from 1977 to 1980. Then to a Catholic co-ed college where he met my mum. Then he travelled around Australia for 3 years surfing with his friends. After that he moved and went to university for 3 years also. Then my mum and dad got married and went to Thailand for 3 years and both were teachers. 

“Big idea”

1. August 12th, 2014 at 5:08 am      Reply Elly Says:

Originally my grandad and nanna came from Ireland like Angela’s mum and they migrated to Australia. A lot like Angela’s mum my dad’s family moved around quite a bit to different houses for my granddads job and different schools they have lived in 12 different towns or suburbs. My parents like Angela’s were working together as teachers for quite a few years and then they got married. Like my grandad and nanna they also lived in quite a small house with a few children.

2. August 13th, 2014 at 4:55 am      Reply dottieblog Says:

My mum was also born 1964 and was born in Melbourne aswell as my dad. I think it’s really interesting how your mum migrated from Ireland. I feel you showed a great understanding on your mums migration story and really got into it. When I read this text I felt you showed a deep interest an understanding on your parents background. Even though the paragraphs were only small I still felt you put in enough detail for me to understand your parents background.

3. August 13th, 2014 at 5:08 am      Reply jessieb6 Says:

Hi Ang,
    Even though my infomation is something totally different from yours there are some little similaritys. For example my Mum and Dad were born in Victoria aswell as David. My Mums grandfather came from Germany and my Dads great great grandfather came from England. Our family’s both imagrated from a place close together.