Angela's blog

Just another global2.vic.edu.au site

literacy

Seed: Surfing 

Think:

I think surfing is the funnest sport so far.  It’s exciting  and you can do it with friends like I do. You snap you turn you do whatever you can, airs, 360’s and you can also get barrelled. You set yourself free in the ocean.

Feel:

I feel like surfing is so much fun it makes me feel so free so happy. I enjoy it so much the feel of the water going down my neck when I have my first duck dive and the feeling when you fall off your wave and you go flying through the air then dive straight through the water. The ocean puts a smile on my face.

Wonder:

I wonder what is lurking underneath my board and I, when I go surfing what kind of creatures are going to pop up and come say hello and give me a little fright?

Unpack:

I will write a story, I can write a poem, I can nearly write anything about surfing to do with literacy!

Picture book review:

I am reviewing the book ‘The Waterhole’. This book is by an amazing author who has written many amazing books. This particular book is a beautiful and simple story. Graeme Base is the author and illustrator of the book  ‘The Waterhole’. Im yet to read his other books but I’ll make sure I do.

This amazing and beautiful book is  about animals. All different kinds to a particular letter in a particular order that everybody knows, or isabout to learn: The alphabet. Each time an animal comes more of them go with them in the order of 1 to 10. There is a drought. All the animals are leaving. Will they ever come back? Will the Waterhole ever fill up again?

In the book there is something you will want to find, it’s on each page. For me the last page is the hardest page tofind this mysterious creature on . This little creature is green with a suitcase and a Hawaiian shirt on. Will you find him, you’ve got to read the book first!

Ipredicted this book to be about the life of the animals at the waterhole and maybe some animals hogging the water. I recommend it to younger kids because it’s quite repetitive and not scary or anything like that.

The book of ‘The Waterhole’ by Graeme Base is awesome, I give it 5 stars!

“literacy”

1. August 14th, 2014 at 11:50 pm      Reply Martha Says:

Your biography is really interesting and its really cool how your mum migrated to Australia from Ireland. You have done a really great job at this!

2. August 14th, 2014 at 11:52 pm      Reply rreid62 Says:

I had no idea that your mum immigrated form Ireland. It must have been really exciting to have been living in a different country. You have used your time wisely and have completed a well set out biography

3. August 17th, 2014 at 11:41 pm      Reply rreid62 Says:

Wow your text analysis is very sad!! Absolute amazing connection between the video and you time in hospital. Waiting and waiting to hear good news. Very well done!

• August 20th, 2014 at 10:17 am      Reply aball Says:

Thank you Rem,
      It was hard to find a connection but when I realised about my time in hospital it all made sense

4. August 17th, 2014 at 11:44 pm      Reply dottieblog Says:

I love your biography on your mum. I found it very interesting how your mum migrated from Ireland to Australia. I can tell you are very interested in your mums history and love learning about it.

5. August 17th, 2014 at 11:46 pm      Reply dottieblog Says:

You did a really good text analysis on heal the world. I think it’s good that you said what you thought the song was about and how it made you feel.

6. August 20th, 2014 at 3:03 am      Reply jessieb6 Says:

I think you biography is very interesting and it also links to you big idea! I think it would be cool to work in Thailand with kids and your mum and dad is very lucky to have an experiments like that. Good Job you spent your time wisely!